Monday, February 10, 2014

My Story (part 2)

     My weight loss lasted until my junior year when I began my first long term relationship. I became comfortable, had stopped playing sports and had gotten my first real job at Sonic. From then on through college the weight slowly packed on. I'd get on a kick and lose a few pounds, but I'd stop whatever I was doing and it would come right back. I began my first of many attempts at taking Phentermine. My only successful weight loss experience had been because of pills, so to me, that was the only logical way for me to make it happen again. I'd take the Phentermine, not eat and lose weight. Then I'd stop, crash because I didn't have the pills anymore and gain it all back plus a few pounds. After I had my children, it just got worse. I gained over 50 lbs with my first son. It was in the hospital with him when I actually saw my first Beachbody infomercial and ordered Yoga Booty Ballet from my hospital bed. Through exercise, I was actually able to get within 5 lbs of my pre pregnancy weight, but I didn't stay with it and I stayed about the same for awhile, slowly adding a pound or two a year, my weight gradually going up and my clothes getting smaller. During my second pregnancy, I had horrible nausea and hardly gained a pound. After he was born, I actually weighed less than when I got pregnant. I had great intentions of building on this momentum and starting a program again, but a move back to Oklahoma, two kids instead of one and our hectic lives became my excuse to do nothing and become complacent about where I was at. 
     It was in the spring of 2012 that Beachbody came across my path again. I had a good friend from high school that had been posting relentlessly about Shakeology along with pictures of the different recipes she was using. I wasn't her claims of losing weight that were making me interested. She kept talking about how much more energetic she felt and I was TIRED. My kids, work and the activities Bryce was starting to become involved in were wearing me thin. I could barely get out of bed each morning because I was so tired. I messaged her on Facebook and asked her what it was all about. She convinced me to try it for a month and suggested I try a program too. I didn't go for the program (just yet) but I was desparate to try anything that would make me feel like I could function again. Long story short, the Shakeology came in the mail a few days later. I tried it, fell in LOVE with it and started to feel so much better.....just like she said I would. I was hooked and decided to become a coach for discount purposes. I loved that it contained REAL food in it and didn't have all of the additives and synthetic vitamins that most meal replacement shakes have. A few months after that I bought Turbofire, and then Chalean Extreme and began working out. I was doing great, looking better and seeing major results.
     Then, it HAPPENED. I fell off the wagon. I lost sight of my goals. There was a lot going on in my personal life. Stress with our finances because my fiance was in school, furloughs and job insecurity at work. I fell into a major depression and couldn't seem to work my way out of it. I stopped everything I was doing for about 4 months. I couldn't even inspire myself let alone my coaches and customers that I had who had come to trust me. I felt awful and I felt like there wasn't a light at the end of the tunnel. The weight that I had lost came back....and then some. My skin broke out because of all of the unhealthy food I was eating. I still drank my Shakeology, but not consistently. I had about three full bags sitting in the back of my cabinet just staring at me. 
     It all became a turning point for me as horrible as I felt then and as depressing as it seems as I write about it now. I got up one day and said to myself. Not me and NOT this time. This is not the life I'm meant to be living. I began devouring anything encouraging that I could get my hands on. I read three different Joel Osteen books in about a month. The Shakeology became a daily habit for me once again. I started to feel better and gain back some confidence.Soon after that the exercise came a part of my life again too. I found more personal development to read and started making healthy food choices again.
    That turning point was about three months ago. I am seeing results like I have never seen before You see, the key has always been to BELIEVE in myself and what I am doing. I have finally found that and I'm happy with where I'm headed and I will NEVER let myself fall back into the negative mindset that I found myself last fall, no matter what comes across my path. I am excited about this journey, excited to have those of you reading along for the ride and most of all excited to change my life along with the others I will hopefully inspire.



No comments:

Post a Comment