Saturday, February 8, 2014

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I have never met a cookie I didn't like, so when I started changing my eating habits, I had to find healthier versions of some of my indulgences. This cookie has all the cookie texture that people love without the flour and refined sugar and really, who doesn't love a good cookie for the occasional treat?  Enjoy!


Preheat oven to 375 degrees

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 eggs
2 cups almond meal/flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Real Salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients except chips. In a mixer, cream butter and coconut sugar. Add in eggs one at a time and add both extracts. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. On a sheet pan with parchment paper, drop spoonfuls of cookie dough. Bake for 12 to 15 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment