Monday, March 24, 2014

Gamma round is hard as hell! So What?!

When I set out to write this, I was intent on the fact that I was going to do 2 things. One thing was that I was going to give you some tips if you decide to move on to Gamma round of T25. The second was that I was going to back off, do some more Alpha/Beta and work in a few Gamma workouts to build myself up. I am now only going to tell you about one of those things and the rest of this post will be about why I AM going to do Gamma round in it's entirety. Here's why:

Sometimes you have to fight for what you want in your life.






I could totally modify the workout and I'm pretty certain none of you would think any differently of me for doing it. Here's the deal though: I have goals that I refuse to give up on. I want to push myself physically and hanging out doing what seems easier isn't going to get me there. Sometimes in life it seems easier on the surface to walk away, change it up, make it easier. Usually when you walk away to avoid something though, it always pops up in your life somewhere, maybe in a different way, in order for you to face it. Bottom line: you can run away from your problems or a challenge, but they won't be far behind. So, even though I may fall on my face, stand there for 25% of the workout about to die or face some aches and pains, I'm doing it. Start to finish. 4 weeks of straight Gamma, and I'm starting over today to make sure I do it right, the best way I know how. Mostly, because this is bigger than just health and fitness. It's a MINDSET thing. I am not going to waste any more of my life avoiding things that I need to go through to make myself the person I need to be to reach my full potential....and also, because when things get tough and it looks bleak or impossible it usually means a breakthrough is about to take place. I don't plan on missing the breakthroughs in my life.

Now, on to the one planned thing I'm still going to talk about. Tips to get through Gamma:

1.) There are NO modifications in speed 3.0. That's right, Tania is keeping up with everyone else. It's the first workout of the schedule, so don't let it make you quit.

2.) If you haven't bought new cross trainers in awhile, now would be the time to do it. Your feet need the support.

3.) Wear some clothes that hold you tight ladies (think: good sports bra).

4.) If you are still in Beta, do the workouts unmodified as much as possible to get you ready.

There you have it. Now, go out there and challenge yourself and fight for your goals and dreams.

xoxoxoxo,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment